Kerr-Tar Council of Governments Home Rehab Loan Applications
Kerr-Tar Council of Governments Accepting Home Rehabilitation Loan Applications
The Kerr-Tar Regional Council of Governments is accepting applications for the 2019 North Carolina Housing Finance Agency Single-Family Rehabilitation Loan Pool Program. This program provides a loan pool to assist with the essential and critical repairs to homes that are owned and occupied by lower-income residents. Kerr-Tar COG plans to award $190,000 for five or more houses in Granville County.
- The home must be located in Granville County
- The home must be owner-occupied. Rental units are not eligible.
- Site-built and off-frame modular units will be considered. Manufactured housing is not eligible.
- The home must have one or more elderly, disabled, or Veteran fulltime household member and/or a child under the age of 6 who is at risk from identified lead hazards.
- The gross annual household income must not exceed 80% of the area median income for Granville County.
- The property cannot have been repaired or rehabilitated with public funding of $30,000 or more within the past 10 years.
- The cost of rehabilitation cannot exceed $30,000.
Applications may be picked up at Creedmoor City Hall (111 Masonic Street) or at the Granville County Senior Center (107 Lanier Street, Oxford), North Granville Senior Center (118 Highway 15 North, Stovall), Granville County Administration Offices (122 Williamsboro Street, Oxford), Butner Town Hall (415 Central Avenue, Butner), or Oxford City Hall (300 Williamsboro Street, Oxford).
For more information please call (252) 436-2040 or visit www.kerrtarcog.org. The application deadline is Thursday, October 31 by 5:00 p.m.
Submit applications by mail:
Kerr-Tar Regional Council of Governments
PO Box 709
Henderson, NC 27536
Submit applications in person:
Kerr-Tar Regional Council of Governments Office
1724 Graham Avenue, Henderson