The City of Creedmoor proudly sponsors a Yard of the Month contest to encourage residents to participate in yard beautification. City staff and officials are proud to recognize the efforts residents and encourage everyone to follow their lead to showcase beautiful properties in Creedmoor. Nominate your own yard, or your neighbor’s yard, for consideration in the next Yard of the Month contest!
Holiday Yard of the Month Rules
- Contest runs in late-November thru December.
- Winners will be announced by December 21.
- Nominees must live inside the city limits.
- Nominees will be scored on creativity, design, color and curb appeal.
Yards will be scored on the following criteria:
- General upkeep of the yard (well-manicured grass, edged, uniformly green, and generally weed-free);
- Flower beds, plants, and shrubbery are neatly pruned and vibrant;
- Entryways, walkways, and/or driveways are inviting;
- Unique landscaping or originality/ creativity; and
- Pleasant and overall appearance which makes the property an asset and beautifies the community.
Yard of the Month Winners
- Winners receive a $25.00 gift certificate for Southern States in Creedmoor and the YOM sign displayed in their yard for the month.
- The winning yard will also be photographed and posted on the City of Creedmoor website, social media, and in the local newspaper.
How to Nominate
- Online - Click the Nominate Here! button at the top of this page; or,
- Nomination boxes are located at Southern States, City Hall, Dickerson's Service Center, and Veneto’s Pizzeria. Nomination cards may be dropped in the boxes at any of these locations; or,
- Mail to: Yard of the Month, Creedmoor City Hall, P.O. Box 765, Creedmoor, NC 27522.