The City of Creedmoor proudly sponsors a Yard of the Month contest to encourage residents to participate in yard beautification. City staff and officials are proud to recognize the efforts residents and encourage everyone to follow their lead to showcase beautiful properties in Creedmoor. Nominate your own yard, or your neighbor’s yard, for consideration in the next Yard of the Month contest!
NEW for 2019! The Beautification Committee has revamped the Yard of the Month program to combine two months in each nomination period. This allows a new winner to be awarded every other month and increases prize winnings for their efforts.
Yard of the Month Rules
- Contest runs bi-monthly from May thru December.
- All nominations must be submitted by
- April 30 (May/June)
- June 30 (July/August)
- August 30 (September/October)
- December 20 ** Special Holiday Edition
- Winners will be announced the following week.
- Nominees must live inside the city limits.
- Nominees who are not selected must be resubmitted in order to be considered for the following month's contest.
Yards will be scored on the following criteria:
- General upkeep of the yard (well-manicured grass, edged, uniformly green, and generally weed-free);
- Flower beds, plants, and shrubbery are neatly pruned and vibrant;
- Entryways, walkways, and/or driveways are inviting;
- Unique landscaping or originality/ creativity; and
- Pleasant and overall appearance which makes the property an asset and beautifies the community.
Yard of the Month Winners
- Winners receive a $50.00 gift certificate for Southern States in Creedmoor and the Yard of the Month sign displayed in their yard.
- The winning yard will also be photographed and posted on the City of Creedmoor website, social media, and in the local newspaper.
How to Nominate
- Online - Click the Nominate Here! button at the top of this page; or,
- Nomination boxes are located at Southern States, City Hall, Dickerson's Service Center, and Veneto’s Pizzeria. Nomination cards may be dropped in the boxes at any of these locations; or,
- Mail to: Yard of the Month, Creedmoor City Hall, P.O. Box 765, Creedmoor, NC 27522.