The City of Creedmoor proudly sponsors a Yard of the Month contest to encourage residents to participate in yard beautification. City staff and officials are proud to recognize the efforts residents and encourage everyone to follow their lead to showcase beautiful properties in Creedmoor. Nominate your own yard, or your neighbor’s yard, for consideration in the next Yard of the Month contest!
Yard of the Month Rules
- Contest runs from May through September.
- Winners will be announced by the end of the first week of the contest month.
- Nominees must live inside the city limits.
- Nominees who are not selected must be resubmitted in order to be considered for the following month’s contest.
Yards will be scored on the following criteria:
- General upkeep of the yard (well-manicured grass, edged, uniformly green, and generally weed-free);
- Flower beds, plants, and shrubbery are neatly pruned and vibrant;
- Entryways, walkways, and/or driveways are inviting;
- Unique landscaping or originality/ creativity; and
- Pleasant and overall appearance which makes the property an asset and beautifies the community.
Yard of the Month Winners
- Winners receive a $25.00 gift certificate for Southern States in Creedmoor and the YOM sign displayed in their yard for the month.
- The winning yard will also be photographed and posted on the City of Creedmoor website, social media, and in the local newspaper.
How to Nominate
- Online - Click the Nominate Here! button at the top of this page; or,
- Nomination boxes are located at Southern States, City Hall, Creedmoor Drug, and Roma’s Pizza. Nomination cards may be dropped in the boxes at any of these locations; or,
- Mail to: Yard of the Month, Creedmoor City Hall, P.O. Box 765, Creedmoor, NC 27522.