Permit Applications

Zoning Permits

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option


Permit applications and inquiries are made at the Community Development Office, 211 North Main Street.  Administrative staff are available in the office during normal business hours (Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm).  Applications can be downloaded from the left navigation pane or are available in printed form at City Hall.

Conditional Use Permits

Conditional uses are established to provide for the location of uses which are generally compatible with other land uses permitted in a zoning district but which, because of their unique characteristics or potential impacts on the surrounding neighborhood and the city as a whole, require individual consideration of their location, design, configuration, and/or operation.  Every applicant for a conditional use is required to meet with the Community Development Director in a pre-application conference to provide additional information regarding the review process and assistance in the preparation of the application.

Sign Permits

In order to regulate the provision of sign standards and sign restrictions within the planning and regulation jurisdiction of Creedmoor, it is unlawful to erect or maintain any sign or sign structure without first obtaining a sign permit.  Each application for a sign permit must be accompanied by complete information as required and includes, but is not limited to, a Plot Plan and elevation drawings of the sign at the proposed location. 


Zoning Compliance Permits

A zoning permit is required for the construction or development of any new use within the planning and regulation jurisdiction of the City of Creedmoor.  A zoning permit is also required for expansions of existing uses, as well as for changes of use.

A zoning compliance permit is required for the following:

  1.  Homes
  2. Garages & carports
  3. Additions (structural repairs & alterations)
  4. Accessory buildings (sheds, carports, etc.)
  5. Decks, screen porches, patio covers
  6. Pools, spas, & hot tubs
  7. Commercial new construction
  8. Commercial additions or tenant up-fit
  9. Change of occupancy
  10. Fences
  11. Home occupation (subject to the standard in Section 10.1-21 of the Creedmoor Development Ordinance)
  12. Signage (size, type, location, etc.)



Community Development Office
(919) 764-1016