In June 2015, the City of Creedmoor adopted an ordinance governing alarm systems and 'false alarms' to establish new regulations and response protocols by the Police Department. The new ordinance includes requirements for both existing and future alarm installations and places responsibility on each individual alarm user for being aware of all requirements of the ordinance.
What does this mean for you?
- Ordinance 2015-O-08 Alarm Systems Regulations requires all Creedmoor residents and businesses to register their security and burglar alarm systems with the Police Department.
- Registration forms can be picked up at Creedmoor City Hall or downloaded at the top left of this page.
- Each alarm user must provide the names and telephone numbers of at least three (3) persons authorized and able to deactivate the system.
- Creedmoor Police Department will provide a maximum of three (3) false alarm responses within a 12-month period at no charge.
- False alarm responses in excess of three (3) during the same 12-month period shall incur a fine as follows:
- $50 for the fourth (4th) false alarm; and
- $100 for each false alarm response thereafter.
It is the sole responsibility of alarm system users to become familiar with the information and details of the Alarm Systems Regulations Ordinance. Ordinance 2015-O-08 and related registration form are available for download at the top, left of this page.