Submit pick-up requests online using the Pick-Up Request Form.
The City provides one (1) free pick-up per month for certain yard debris and white goods. Residents may submit a request via the form link above or by calling City Hall at the contact number below.
All items must be placed at the curb atleast 24 hours in advance of the requested pick-up date. City employees will not go onto a resident's property to collect.
This service is provided for residents only. Contractors who perform yard work must take their cuttings off-site and dispose of them in a proper manner. City crews will not collect debris left by contractors.
Grass/lawn clippings, leaves, pinecones, weeds, shurb & bush trimmings, and tree branches/limbs
Yard debris is picked up on the first and third Wednesday of every month.
- All tree limbs must be cut to 3ft lengths and stacked in the same direction.
- Only yard debris will be collected (no household items or trash).
NEW! Effective July 1, 2020
- Maximum amount allowed per resident, per pick-up: 4 cubic yards (approx 1 pick-up truck load)
- Additional pick-ups in same month: $30 per pick-up
- Items such as grass clippings, leaves, pinecones, weeds, etc. must be bagged in biodegradable bags.
- Use of biodegradable bags is strongly encouraged. This will be a requirement after December 31, 2020.
- Biodegradable bags are available to purchase at most hardware stores including your local Ace Hardware (Butner), Lowe's, and Home Depot.
Large household appliances such as water heaters, stoves, washers/dryers, refrigerators, and freezers
White goods are picked up on the second Wednesday of every month.
(919) 528-3332, Option 0