POLICY CHANGES EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2020
Please read carefully as pick-up items must meet these requirements:
Residents are entitled to one (1) free yard debris and (1) free white goods pick-up per month; additional requests during the same month will incur a charge of $30.00 per pick-up.
Items must be placed at the curb atleast 24 hours in advance of the requested pick-up date. City employees will not go onto a resident's property to collect.
These services are only intended for residents. Contractors who perform yard work should not place their cuttings at the curb but should take them with them and dispose of them in a proper manner as city crews will not collect debris left by contractors.
Monthly Pick-up Schedule
- Yard Debris:
First & Third Wednesday of each month
- White Goods:
Second Wednesday of each month
- All tree limbs must be cut to 3ft lengths and stacking in the same direction.
- Soil and inorganic material (household items or trash) will not be collected.
NEW! Effective July 1, 2020
- Maximum amount allowed per resident, per pick-up: 4 cubic yards or 1 pick-up truck load.
- Additional pick-up's in the same month: $30 per pick-up.
- Items such as grass clippings, leaves, pinecones, weeds, etc. must be bagged in biodegradable bags.
- Use of biodegradable bags is strongly encouraged. This will be a requirement after December 31, 2020.
- Biodegradable bags are available to purchase at your local Ace Hardware (Butner), Lowe's and Home Depot; as well as, most hardware stores.
White goods include household appliances such as:
- Water heaters