The Gauntlet Fitness & Walking Trail officially opened in the spring of 2016 offering Creedmoor residents a fresh alternative to outdoor recreation and fitness. Located at 2186 Brassfield Road in Creedmoor, the 1.1 mile trail is outfitted with a variety of fitness stations designed to challenge hikers. The trail is ideally suited for the 76.8-acre site, acquired by the City of Creedmoor in 2011 with funds provided by the Clean Water Management Trust Fund(CWMTF) and the Upper Neuse Clean Water Initiative as part of an overall, basin-wide effort to conserve land in close proximity to Falls Lake for wildlife corridor protection and natural water quality improvement.
The Gauntlet is the work of Jonathan Gaudette, who created, designed, and led the construction of the project along with countless volunteers and benefactors. Gaudette worked on the project for two years in pursuit of his Eagle Scout badge.
Gaudette’s experiences combined with hard work, dedication, collaboration and discipline were needed in order to see the trail through to completion. To secure funds for materials and supplies, Gaudette wrote letters and visited local businesses who, together, supported the project financially. Gaudette also credits his family, the Creedmoor Methodist Church community, employees of the Road to Fitness, and members of Boy Scout Troop for volunteering and providing man-power to help clear the trail.
The trail is open from dawn to dusk every day throughout the year. The area business community sponsored the 10 fitness stations located throughout the trail:
- Stretching Station (North Carolina Martial Arts College)
- Jumping Box Steps (Glass Doctor of Raleigh)
- Squat Press (Creedmoor United Methodist Men)
- Inverted Monkey Bars (Smoke Alert Home Fire Safety)
- Sit Up Bench (Heidenger Plumbing)
- Log Hurdles (Cozart & Edwards, PA)
- Push Up Station (Glass Doctor of Raleigh)
- Pull Up Station (Nathan Garren Law Office)
- Vault Bar (Dutchville Builders/Raleigh Orthodontics)
- Parallel Bars (Grammie's Kitchen Bakery)
Creedmoor Parks & Recreation